[CT Birds] Stratford Point 10/5 BLGR CCSP YBCU

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Fri Oct 5 12:12:34 EDT 2012

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
10/05/12 - Stratford Point -- From just after dawn through mid-morning I had 75 species including 1 BLUE GROSBEAK, 1 CLAY-COLORED SPARROW, 1 YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO, 2 EASTERN WOOD-PEWEE (late),  1 BAY-BREASTED WARBLER, 1 LINCOLN'S SPARROW, 2 RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH. We were covered with kinglets with at least 41 Golden-crowned Kinglet and 33 Ruby-crowned Kinglet. 1 DARK-EYED JUNCO was a FOS for me. There were many raptors roaming. Birds were flying in off the water. Birds were flying down to the coast and heading into LIS. Birds were turning west and back north. I'm way under on some of these totals as I was mostly alone in tough light, with some birds flying by silently that shall forever be unknown (more AMGO, BOBO, HOFI, PUFI? PISI?). I focused on what was on the ground and in the trees. The full eBird list:

Canada Goose  8
Mute Swan  4
American Black Duck  2
Mallard  1