[CT Birds] Bluff Point prediction for Sunday

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 6 11:15:46 EDT 2012

Well the forecast for surface winds for tonight and tomorrow morning are
good for a morning flight event Sunday at Bluff Point in Gorton. There have
been good nights recently for migration. Indeed, last night I was walking
after dark for an hour or so and heard quite a few birds going over, mostly
sparrows. This morning, on the deck with coffee and a book, I heard and saw
quite a few warblers, Purple Finches, Siskins, and R-b Nuthatches among
others "morning flying." So tonight's movement will not be particularly
heavy but Sunday morning is the first morning in a while that looks clearly
promising for the hot corner at Bluff Point.

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England