[CT Birds] Canton area notes

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 6 13:35:01 EDT 2012

Jay Kaplan and I have spent some time on this pleasant feeling and looking morning searching out migrants.  Definitely a finch-y type of day.  After reading numerous siskin reports, they have finally hit Canton in some numbers.  We encountered a couple of nice flocks of them in our travels.  Also Purple Finches and Palm Warblers are around in decent numbers.  The West hartford powerline cut was rather birdy this morning with no mind blowing rarities but especially good numbers of kinglets and Palms, plus a few Magnolias and Parulas for added color.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT