[CT Birds] Birding by car in CT?

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 6 19:30:58 EDT 2012

Sharon,

This time of year, most of the CT birding Community is probably a bit jealous of where you live.  Keep checking the posts of David Provenchar, et al, regarding Bluff Point, Groton.  Although you have to be there at dawn, one only has to travel a few steps.  Historical CTBirds posts describe the conditions for this phenomenal "Morning Flight" event.  It's a bit late, but the sparrow show should be amazing after a NW or calm surface winds, night.

Check CTBirds also for Hammo (Madison) sightings, most of which will probably be a short walk from the car.  Further west, New Haven's Lighthouse Park hawk watch is literally held in a grassy parking lot; very conducive to automobiles.

Steve Mayo
Bethany