[CT Birds] Stratford Fall Out

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sun Oct 7 21:58:53 EDT 2012

Long Beach Blvd Marshes, AM and PM
Lots of birds there today.  Some I couldn't see clearly, some I could hear but didn't recognize and some I couldn't find.  Clouds and Rain didn't help but it was a great 1 year anniversary of "official" birding for me!  TWO lifers!  A Towhee and a 1st Winter White Crowned Sparrow.  Links to some photos below.  And, I never left the car!

3 Humming Birds
12+ Yellow Rumped Warblers
1 Male Towhee
3 White Crowned Sparrows
4 White Throated Sparrows (99% sure! photo in link)
Golden Crowned Kinglets
Savannah Sparrows
Song Sparrows
24 +- Northern Flickers
Coopers Hawk
Amercian Redstart (female)
1 Hermit Thrush
More American Robins than I could count
Pair of Kingfishers
Eastern Kingbird
Eastern Phoebe
Yellow Legs
Snowy Egrets
3 Wild Turkeys
Yellow Bellied Sapsuckers -- 6 or so
Finches -lots.  House I believe
1 Herring Gull

There were two birds calling, a very loud tooo weet from high in the trees next to the pond around 430.  Couldn't find them. Any suggestions that I can look up the bird call for?

If any of my IDs are off, please feel free to let me know.  Public link below (you don't need facebook to view)

Stratford Point 3:30ish this afternoon
200-300 Brant Geese fly along Stratford Point along the coast heading west
Song Sparrows

Donna Caporaso

Stratford, CT