[CT Birds] Rocky hill fallout

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Oct 9 09:39:10 EDT 2012

Nice landbird fallout at Rocky Hill Meadows this AM.  There were ~250 American Pipits in the turf fields, hundreds of Yellow-rumps just past the strip of woods along the river(heading north from turf farms), plus a dozen or so Blackpolls, 6 Nashville Warblers, a few palms a Maggie and BTG and both kinglets, mostly r-c.  Also 2 White-crowned Sparrows a few Purple Finches and several Cooper's Hawks cashing in on the action.  I thought I had a brief glimpse of a Philly Vireo and now hearing a song that could be it(or a red-eye, which i didn't see) .

Patrick Comins, Meriden

Sent from my iPhone