[CT Birds] Question/House Finches

Daniel Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:42:48 EDT 2012

Hi Rob.  I am in the Hadlyme section of East Haddam and had two House Finches yesterday - 1 Male and 1 Female along with the many Purple finches.  I only occasionally have House Finches but can usually count on 2 to 4 at any given time of the year if I have feeders filled regularly.  If there is any lapse in my feeder filling, they disappear probably because of my wooded rather than suburban like habitat.  They seem to have declined since the early 1980s to me, but I am not an expert in this area.  Back then, I usually had a dozen or more at my feeders.  Dan Rottino.