[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Oct 9 23:46:41 EDT 2012

Passing these along.

 From Judy Richardson
Tue, 09 Oct 2012 06:14
Very birdy in my Easton yard yesterday, White throats, Palms, Yellow
rumped, Nashville, first Junco, Towhees, Yellowthroats, juvie Male
Scarlet Tanager, Maggies, Kinglets, Sharpies, Osprey,  and on the
Hemlock reservoir, a Pied billed Grebe. Hope they show up in our nets
at Birdcraft this am.

 From  Katherine Edwards
10/9/12 New Canaan yard. A flock of 30+ pine siskins were feeding at my sunflower kernel feeder with 2 purple finch (male and female) and the resident goldfinch and house finch flock. I've never had more than 1 to 3 here before and never this early in the fall.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT