[CT Birds] Siskins plus Bluff Point tomorrow

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 10 17:00:02 EDT 2012

Julie that's a good question, I was just thinking about that the other day.
With so many birds arriving this early, my guess is most will depart as the
season progresses into winter. However we may well see them replaced by
Redpolls, so the bills for nyjer seed (which is technically a fruit!) may
not go away too soon. And if you get a flock of Evening Grosbeaks at your
feeder you're really going to buying a lot of seed!

Bluff Point prediction: Looking at the night's/morning's predicted surface
winds for Bluff Point in Groton, coupled with the instability in the
atmosphere to our north, makes me think there should be a morning flight
event tomorrow that may be somewhat lowered in numbers due to the conditions
north of us. I would go in the morning if I could (but I'm only 20 minutes
away) but I'd be prepared for a limited event. Sadly I won't make it
tomorrow.

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England