[CT Birds] About house Finches -

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Thu Oct 11 07:34:12 EDT 2012

It's a mycoplasma conjunctivitis which has decimated finch populationsand infected other species.  It is treatable with topical and systemic antibiotics,however, the question remains:  is the infected bird still a carrier post treatment?I've successfully treated many over the years, but don't know of any studies onwhether the disease persists in treated birds. Meredith SampsonOld Greenwich