[CT Birds] Banding today at Birdcraft

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 12:30:39 EDT 2012

Finally a decent day and we got some banding in.  We had 28 birds with 13
White-throated Sparrows (they're heeere!)  We also had the first HERMIT
THRUSHES of the season and a WINTER WREN.  Other species banded:  Downy
woodpecker, Carolina Wren, Gray Catbird, Common Yellowthroat, Eastern
Phoebe, Tufted Titmouse, Song Sparrow, Eastern Towhee, Northern Cardinal
and Gray-cheeked thrush.  Seen in the sanctuary of note, Yellow-bellied
Flycatcher, Black-throated Blue Warbler and Ruby-crowned Kinglets.
Birdcraft is at 314 Unquowa Road, Fairfield, CT.

--
Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut