[CT Birds] a wonderful event

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 11 14:35:16 EDT 2012

    I just experienced a wonderful event, and if you have the time to read this,
please do.
    I was outside sitting by the feeders on this beautiful sunny cool breezy
day. I then noticed several Siskin land on the thistle feeder. They have been
here for over a week now. Eventually more and more came, and the feeder was full
of Siskin. In time, the unlucky ones noticed my large beautiful New England
Aster I planted 4 years ago next to me, and began to feed there. Shortly, more
Siskin were feeding on the Aster than the feeder! Here I was, only 10 feet away,
when a Siskin landed on my head! It stayed there for at least 30 seconds, than
went to the plant. In 20 minutes, 3 more Siskin used my head as a perch, and I,
the one who was blending in so beautifully, enjoyed these moments as my bliss
for the day.

Their is so much more to my love of birds than to just see them.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton