[CT Birds] Hawk ID Please?

Michael Richardson michael_s_richardson at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:48:44 EDT 2012

Northern Harrier

Michael Richardson
Norwalk, CT

-----Original Message-----
From: CTBirds [mailto:ctbirds-bounces at lists.ctbirding.org] On Behalf Of
Jo-Anne Roberts
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:38 PM
To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Subject: [CT Birds] Hawk ID Please?

Hi,
I spent the afternoon around Stearns Farm in Mansfield and came upon a hawk
hovering about 4' above the ground in a field on Stearns Road. I took
several shots of it and at first I ID'd it as a Coopers Hawk. But now that
I'm looking at the photos, I think that maybe it's not a Coopers. Could
someone please take a look and give me their expert opinion?
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3783167829525.2137271.1586852704&t
ype=1&l=657edc19cb
Thanks!
Jo-AnneMansfield Center