[CT Birds] "Green" Siskins?

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Oct 11 22:50:00 EDT 2012

At what point do they become "Green" Siskins?  I've seen a bit of variability in Pine Siskins when large flocks show up.  Today at the Bent, among ~2-3 hundred Pine Siskins were a few very pale individuals with reduced streaking and extra yellow, to varying degrees.   It was hard to tell how many and how many were repeats.  One or two I'd almost feel confident calling "greens".   Sorry to the non-facebookers out there, and I'd be happy to send pix, but here's a link to a Facebook album with some shots of pale and regular ones and a few more wonders I came across in a hike around Althea's Meadow at lunchtime.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151111454304480.442204.730539479&type=1

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation