[CT Birds] Assorted reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Oct 11 23:52:53 EDT 2012

Passing these along.

 From Charles A.  Makarewich:
Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:43:14 -0400
Had 30+ and12+ Purple Finches at our Kent Hollow Feeder today.

 From Charles Makarewich:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 07:33:15 -0400
30+ Pine Siskins along with 12 Purple Finches at our Kent Hollow Feeders.

From Shirley Mangler:
10/9/12 - Branford, backyard - 50 + PINE SISKENS at feeders with 6 PURPLE FINCHES
10/10/12 - Branford, backyard - 120 + PINE SISKENS at feeders with 8 PURPLE FINCHES. They avoided the birdbath but drank and comically bathed in water puddles
on the brick patio, after the rain. I've never had them at this location before.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT