[CT Birds] Silver Sands - Full of birds, clay-colored, blue grosbeak, 15 white-crowned sparrows

John Oshlick john.oshlic at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 13:36:44 EDT 2012

Silver Sands - 11am-1pm 1 blue grosbeak, 1 clay colored sparrow, 1 bobolink, 6 field sparrows. The 15 white-crowned sparrows is a real count. I had 6 in one group! Two were adults.

The clay-colored was near a white fenced-in pipeline with a dish on top. It is on the left as you drive in.

To get to where I had the grosbeak walk west down the paved road until you reach the gated dirt road. Walk south down the dirt road to the sound. The bird was seen on the left just as you reach the boardwalk.

John Oshlick