[CT Birds] RHM Golden-Plover+

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sat Oct 13 11:58:30 EDT 2012

There was a juvenile American Golden-Plover at Rocky Hill Meadows this morning, plus about 200 American Pipits and still a gazillion Savannah Sparrows.   I photographed the possible Clay-colored Sparrow, but now I'm leaning towards a really well-marked Chipping Sparrow (if it's even the same bird, I recall the other one didn't have the eye-line in front of the eye).  On today's bird, the eye-line goes in front of the eye, which pretty much rules out Clay-colored, but the pretty strong malar stripe and well marked auriculars were throwing me.  Also, two adult Bald Eagles.

Photos can be seen here. This should be the public link:

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road