[CT Birds] RHM Golden-Plover+

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sat Oct 13 11:58:30 EDT 2012

There was a juvenile American Golden-Plover at Rocky Hill Meadows this morning, plus about 200 American Pipits and still a gazillion Savannah Sparrows.   I photographed the possible Clay-colored Sparrow, but now I'm leaning towards a really well-marked Chipping Sparrow (if it's even the same bird, I recall the other one didn't have the eye-line in front of the eye).  On today's bird, the eye-line goes in front of the eye, which pretty much rules out Clay-colored, but the pretty strong malar stripe and well marked auriculars were throwing me.  Also, two adult Bald Eagles.

Photos can be seen here. This should be the public link:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.270753809694597.41428.168520783251234&type=1&l=c3dab20371
or
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.270753809694597.41428.168520783251234&type=1&l=c3dab20371

Patrick