[CT Birds] 13 Waterford Ravens surfing the wind

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Sun Oct 14 07:28:19 EDT 2012

Having to be at work at 0 dark 30 again today, I looked out the third floor office window and I noticed Ravens playing along the Millstone Point shoreline again. Only this time there are 13, a number far larger than I have ever seen right on the CT shoreline. The very stiff southwest wind is coming in across Niantic Bay and hitting the trees that are right along the shoreline. This is causing a very strong updraft and the Ravens are surfing it like enormous Halloween swallows! They are clearly playing in the wind and there is some object dropping and retrieval happening again as well. But they are mostly chasing one another around in an impressive aerial ballet . Nice way to start the day if you have to be at work.

Dave Provencher
10/14/12 - Waterford, Millstone Point - 13 Common Ravens surfing the strong winds.

David Provencher

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.