[CT Birds] Stn 43

Joseph Cala Joejr14 at aol.com
Sun Oct 14 20:06:20 EDT 2012

Station 43 from 2-4:30 this afternoon after work...

Vibert Road-  Tons and tons of White-throated sparrows (juvies and
adults), a handful of immature White-crowned, and of course a mix of
Song and Swamps.  Really nothing else of note other than a female
Northern Harrier cruising the fields.  Also had a few RCK's in the brush
before the stream.

Strong Road-  100+ tree swallows, large mixed blackbird flocks, and a
handful of Savannah Sparrows.

Ferry Ln-  Another female Harrier (thinking it was the same as I saw
earlier) working the fields, which subsequently spooked up a decent
flock of Pipits that was not visible on my drive in.