[CT Birds] Selasphorus invasion in PA

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 19:33:52 EDT 2012

This, from Scott Weidensaul on the PA listserve:
--
Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut

Subject: [PABIRDS] Selasphorus invasion

This is turning into an unprecedented year for Selasphorus
hummingbirds in Pennsylvania. I'm up to almost two dozen reports so
far, with more coming in daily - and because I've been tied up the
past two weeks getting our huge new saw-whet owl research operational,
I haven't been able to chase any for banding. But Wayne Laubscher,
Ember Jandebeur, Sandy Lockerman and Bob Mulvihill have been busy, and
I'll be back in the saddle soon.

If you took your feeder down, put it back up again! And keep a
close eye on it.

Scott Weidensaul
Schuylkill Haven, PA