[CT Birds] COA SPARROW WORKSHOP

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Thu Oct 18 10:58:00 EDT 2012

A reminder to all CT birders:

The COA Sparrow Workshop will be held this Saturday at Allen's Meadow in
Wilton.  The leaders of the workshop are Joe Bear and Luke Tiller (thanks,
Joe and Luke!).  The meadow is located southwest of the corner or Danbury
Road (route 7) and Olmstead Hill Road in Wilton.  The workshop will be held
rain or shine.  There is no pre-registration required.  The official
announcement is below:

COA Sparrow Workshop

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 at 8:00 am.

Allen's Meadow, Wilton

Learn how to identify the sparrows of CT.  We will review the important
field characteristics of many of the sparrows seen during fall migration,
including American Tree, Chipping, Clay-colored, Fox, Lincoln's, Savannah,
Song, Swamp, Vesper, White-throated, and White-crowned.  After a discussion
period, we'll go out onto the trails to see what we can find.  Meet at the
gardens parking lot at the end of Allen's Meadow Road, off of Danbury Road
(Rte. 7), north of the Wilbur Cross Parkway.  The workshop is free and open
to the public. Leaders: Joe Bear and Luke Tiller.  Contact person: Chris
Loscalzo at  <mailto:closcalz at optonline.net> closcalz at optonline.net or
203-389-6508.

Chris Loscalzo,

Woodbridge