[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Hawk Watch, 10-18-12

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Oct 19 22:06:56 EDT 2012

Apparently this never got posted yesterday, I think I sent it to the wrong
 Sent: 10/18/2012 5:41:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Lighthouse Point  Hawk Watch, 10-18-12

Limited number of birds on very light north winds switching to southeast,
but an interesting day, including another NORTHERN GOSHAWK
OS 12, BE 6, NH 2(1 gray ghost), SS 11, CH 24, AK 7, ML 3, PG 7, N.
GOSHAWK 1, RS 1, RT 11, BW 6, TV 5, UR 1
97 Total
Passerine movement seemed to have lessened, only birds of note: many
hundreds of Tree Swallows 300 Pine Siskins and 200 Blackbirds
We now have 198 Bald Eagles (our all time record, going up with every new
bird) and 191 Peregrine Falcons. The PG record of 212 was set last year, and
I  think we have a shot at it again.
Don Morgan