[CT Birds] Wood Sandpiper Saturday a.m. Oct 20th

Daniel Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 20 10:48:10 EDT 2012

Date Correction:  I was there today - Saturday morning.

>From Dan Rottino:
10/20/12 - Jamestown, RI - - 1 WOOD SANDPIPER.  Arrived at 6:30am.  Parked on the road at the Water Treatment Plant.  Walked across the road to the east side of the marsh.  Just off the road is a very wet marsh trail through the grass.  Followed the edge of the marsh on the north side through very wet areas all the way to the opposite side where the bird was easily found in a large tidal pool by itself.  It was viewed until 8:00am when I left.  Bring your boots.  I was told by another CT birder that it is there in the mornings, but on the opposite side of the road near the treatment plant in the afternoons.  Well worth it.