[CT Birds] Nelson's or Saltmarsh? at Milford Point

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 21:03:27 EDT 2012

I saw this Nelson's or Saltmarsh Sparrow today at Milford Point.  It turned its head for the photo.  Any thoughts on
which it is?
I saved this article (with many photos) about these species a while back, and its not really helping me and my color
blind self.
At Silver Sands, I was able to get a shot of a Vesper Sparrow (it always amazes me how obvious the eye ring is) and
a Northern Brown Snake (gross-kinda cool, I just smelled the back of my hand and its still musky).
Tim Antanaitis