[CT Birds] Milford Pt. Nelson's

Joseph Cala Joejr14 at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 21:31:49 EDT 2012

Milford Point from 7-9 this morning.

Not much on the beaches, a few Greater Yellowlegs and a lone Snowy Egret
between the spit.  LOTS of Nelson's sparrows in the spartina all over,
but I hunkered down and had at least a dozen within 15' of me for the
better part of 20 minutes.  Once the sun finally broke through it
afforded some awesome light for pictures.

Also, one lone Osprey cruising over the marsh, Ruby-crowned Kinglets,
Pine Siskens, and lots of Goldfinches just near the marsh platform.

Back to the Nelson's....it's amazing the visual difference between some
of the birds.  Is this just individual variation, or perhaps different

Link to the pics, if you're interested in taking a look: