[CT Birds] Something to watch out for weather wise

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Oct 22 14:04:45 EDT 2012

There is a potentially big storm brewing for this weekend.  Tropical Depression #18 is expected to turn into Tropical Storm or even Hurricane Sandy.   The models aren't quite in agreement, but some of them are predicting that the storm will phase with a trough that is heading out of the Midwest.  If that happens, the storm will be drawn towards the coast, perhaps hitting in the NJ to CT region.  Some are saying that the storm bears a lot of resemblance to the "Perfect Storm" of 1991, except closer to the coast.   Timing and path of the storm are such that it could be an epic event for birds should it come to pass.   A lot can happen to change things between now and then, but something to keep an eye on in any case.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488

Phone: (203)264-5098 x308 (note, I currently do not have a phone at my desk, but will check messages, email is a quicker way to reach me right now)
Fax: (203)264-6332