[CT Birds] EVENING GROSBEAKS are near

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 23 09:05:11 EDT 2012

I, like so many others, are excited that EVENING GROSBEAKS are being seen this
fall.

I so remember when they were a common sighting in the State of CT during the
winter.
I have a friend who lives in lower New Hampshire near Mt Manadnock that has
these
birds at her feeder yearly, and she says they regularly nest in the area as
well. She lives
about 70 miles north of Hartford CT and commutes to Hartford to work.
If she can do this trip, I can't see why these Grosbeaks can't as well. So they
are really
closer to us to the north than we think.

Food for thought...Paul Carrier