[CT Birds] Sound migration 10/24

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 24 12:07:13 EDT 2012

10/24  With winds from the northeast this morning, there was a decent migration
of waterbirds heading south (west) down Long Island Sound.  I conducted a brief
"sea"watch from Stratford Point from 10-10:45, and recorded a steady migration
of Northern Gannets, DC Cormorants, both loons, and ducks.  I wish I'd gotten
out earlier, and could have stayed longer.

>From Frank Mantlik
10/24  Stratford, Prospect Drive, Stratford Point, 10-10:45:  8 Northern Gannet,
58 Double-crested Cormorant, 8 Common Loon, 2 Red-throated Loon, 43 Black Duck,
2 Mallard, 43 Surf Scoter, 1 Surf/Black Scoter.  All these were birds flying sw.
 Also, abundant sparrows present here and at other nearby sites (Short Beach,
etc.).