[CT Birds] Geese in the rain

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 25 10:34:27 EDT 2012

Hi Greg and Roy

Yes-the geese I heard did sound more like Snow Geese!
I too have heard our local geese flying low at night here, but for me, never
in the rain. I thought the night geese I heard were northern migrants
because they sounded high, but yes, could have been far off as well.
But: I would like to know if in fact wild Ducks and Geese DO migrate
in the rain, esp at night. I believe most all other species of birds abstain
 from migration when the weather they encounter ahead is rain.

Thanks for the info....Paul Carrier