[CT Birds] geese flying at night

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Thu Oct 25 11:05:10 EDT 2012

Too many years ago when I was on the CT team for the World Series of Birding in NJ, the first species we tallied at the midnight start was a vocal flock of Brant flying over.

And speaking of Brant, looking from the third floor window I saw four at the edge of the Millstone peninsula in Waterford this morning. One of the birds was remarkably small and the head pattern looked off, though it did appear to be a Brant. I had to attend a meeting very shortly after I noticed them so I wasn't able to go out to the fence line and check them out till after the meeting. When I did get a chance, they were gone.

David Provencher
in error, and delete it.  Thank you.