[CT Birds] Acorns

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Thu Oct 25 12:14:16 EDT 2012

I'd say we have a "middling" amount of acorns in Chester. More than before last winter (when we got very little snow), but definitely not as many as we got previous to the "snowpocalypse" winter. It still seems to be a bit under average, though. Thankfully, our dogwoods and other fruit-bearing bushes are pushing out a lot of berries, which they didn't do at all last fall.
I find it interesting that the trees seem to have turned and dropped their leaves sooner than normal. Perhaps "remembering" the storm at the end of last October...?
~ Tammy Eustis, Chester