[CT Birds] Backyard Sparrows

Ricki Soucy rickisoucy at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 17:11:34 EDT 2012

Due to a recurring sinus problem, I found myself home from work today.  I spent the afternoon sitting at my breakfast nook watching the birds come and go from the feeders.   Mid afternoon a mixed flock of sparrows, Chipping, White throat and White-crowneds along with a Savannah spent time feeding under the feeders and flying from bush to bush along the edge of th property.  One Savannah even came up onto our deck and feasted on dry cat food crumbs, peering into the house through the sliders when he/she was done. Have a pair of purple finches since last weekend, but no sigh of Juncos yet.

Ricki Soucy
Meriden