[CT Birds] black scoters

cekroth at comcast.net cekroth at comcast.net
Thu Oct 25 19:31:02 EDT 2012

10/25 Staffordville & Tolland:  Mike O'leary called and told me he had seen ducks on the Staffordville Reservoir this morning

that looked like black scoters.  Catherine and I took a ride there late this afternoon and did find a flock of 24 BLACK SCOTERS

on the reservoir.  They were in a very tight group, almost all touching each other,  looking scared.  They were stationary.

On the way home I decided to check Snipsic Lake and found another tight flock of black scoters, at least 50 this time,

  acting the sa me way as the Staffordville birds.

Carl & Catherine Ekroth