[CT Birds] Common Terns, Greenwich Point

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Fri Oct 26 16:05:08 EDT 2012

I normally wouldn't have posted this, but when I put in my e-bird report, Common Tern was considered rare enough at this date to require description.  I TRIED to make them Forsters but the grey upperparts and dark wingtips wouldn't let me do it.  There were five, feeding off Greenwich Point at some distance, but under very clear conditions.
Also, Common Loons have suddenly appeared in numbers (about 8)- when I was last here 2 days ago there were none.
Next week could bring some real avian excitement but good to know what's already here.
-Sean Murtha