[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge - 228 Raptors etc

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Fri Oct 26 21:54:50 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Well things kind of worked out how I imagined they might (apart from never actually seeing the sun all day here in Greenwich) . Still the birds were certainly moving, the majority were Turkey Vultures (often in decent kettles) but they dragged a few things along with them. Sadly no eagles which I kind of expect with a TV push (congrats to Dana at LHPP on the Golden) but a few Red-shoulders slipped through again. Hopefully tomorrow will bring continued movement.

On the deck there were a couple of Lincoln's  and a couple of White-crowned Sparrows, but overall bird numbers were massively down on the last few days so birds certainly cleared out. The other day I got a couple of nice Lincoln's shots - I hope you like them: http://underclearskies.com/2012/10/26/little-brown-jobs/

Luke Tiller, Greenwich