[CT Birds] Siskins aplenty

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 16:35:01 EDT 2012

You gotta love these little Pine Siskins.  They must be from the boonies up
north where they have not had much contact with people.  I was out blowing
leaves today--a really noisy enterprise--and the Siskins remained perched
on the feeders when I was only a few feet away.  There were certainly no
other birds brave enough (or dumb enough) to stay in the back yard around
the blower.  I finally got a good count of over 60 when I had the ability
to view not only the ones at the feeders, but all the ones in the trees
watching and waiting their turns.  What a fun way to go broke.

--
Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come."

Chinese Proverb