[CT Birds] Birding Hurricane Sandy

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 01:08:59 EDT 2012

With Sandy approaching, I've thrown together a piece on what we may
see from this storm if conditions are safe enough for birding. As
usual it's a bit of a crapshoot but worth the discussion.

http://www.shorebirder.com/2012/10/birding-hurricane-sandy.html

For those of you who will be venturing out before, during, or after
the storm, let's repeat our excellent reporting and communication from
Irene last year. Given the conditions, we all did a fantastic job of
spreading the word about our sightings. Not so much to chase
individual birds, but to let everyone know exactly where and when
birds were being seen so that folks knew where and how to look (which
species involved, inland vs coastal, access issues, etc).

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT