[CT Birds] Yard birds: Thrush, Brown Creeper; NY Times article

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Sun Oct 28 09:31:43 EDT 2012

As I was watching the Pine Siskins at the feeders this morn, I was delighted to see a Brown Creeper going up the crabapple tree where I hang the feeders.  And then I also noticed a Hermit Thrush on a branch right over the feeders.

I also have White-throated Sparrows feeding on the ground, lots of Goldfinches still around but no sign of the 2 Red-breasted Nuthatches.

I think I will do my hurricane birding right from my kitchen window.

BTW,  an interesting but sad article in today's NY Times online edition but most likely also in the print edition about the deadly bird collisions that occur in Toronto and some efforts to try to reverse that.  Prof. Krum from Muehlenburg (spelling??) College is often quoted.  Wasn't he the one who spoke two or three years ago at the COA spring conference?   One of the photos of dead passerines, most with lots of yellow showing, all in baggies really got to me.

Stay safe everyone.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford
Sent from my iPad