[CT Birds] Frankenstorm and birds

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 09:55:41 EDT 2012

Nick focused mostly on the birds, and in character I focused mostly on the
weather and how and why this is called "Frankenstorm":

We are experiencing something historic here and I think anything you can
imagine in terms of birds is on the table. The wind field in particular is
far larger than a usual tropical cyclone, and as such could distribute
extremely rare birds to far inland areas. With Connecticut put in the
northeast quadrant it could be very interesting. However, this is not a
hurricane, this is not a tropical storm, this is not a nor'easter, and this
is not something that has ever moved towards us like anything has in
history. Please understand this is an unprecedented system with absolutely
no analogs. It will likely severely damage all areas surrounding the Sound
and the storm surge/tidal flooding could be catastrophic, possibly beyond
the 38 Long Island Express. Take your photos of what it used to look like
today. Stay away from the coastline during the height of this storm - the
birds are not worth it, and your life will be in danger. Be safe at all
times and good luck.

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT