[CT Birds] Sandy update

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon Oct 29 09:02:44 EDT 2012

I am at work at Millstone Station in Waterford today, looking out third floor windows at Niantic Bay/Long Island Sound. We are no where near the height of the effect of the storm yet but the waves slamming against the shoreline in Niantic Bay are pretty darn impressive already. I am not at all one to get caught up in hyping things, and I have watched LI Sound storms for many years (often standing in the mayhem, which I love to do), but I have seldom seen such long reach swells in the Sound as the ones that are building out there already. Not much flying right now, but what I have seen flying is working very hard to move against the wind

David Provencher
in error, and delete it.  Thank you.