[CT Birds] Stratford obs

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 11:05:59 EDT 2012

Checking out the Housatonic a little upriver, with a view of Milford and
Stratford Points, yielded a lot of usual things - 3 typical gulls, some
DCCOs moving around, GBHE, handfuls of SUSC and WWSC towards LIS. Some ABDU
and MALL moving. I found one NORTHERN PINTAIL at Peck's Mill Pond in with
more ABDU and MALL. Unfortunately a lot will come in overnight during a
very dangerous time.

The water levels are very high right now as we approach morning high tide -
moderate flood stage. Tonight we in western CT try to break every record
and eastern areas may try, too. Current levels are while the storm is very
far from us and the winds are out of the NE (pushing the water out and away
from the coastline). When it comes in tonight on top of us, winds howling E
going SE, it will push the water against the coast and up rivers. And oh,
the storm is strengthening still by every measurement. Watch out.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT