[CT Birds] Orange backyard

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 16:52:43 EDT 2012

10/29  Orange
Through the wind & rain, my backyard birds have been feeding at the feeders
and on the ground.
However, at 3:40PM a Cooper's Hawk (quite big) came through and grabbed a
Common grackle for dinner,(as I watched it carry the grackle away) and
scattered all the feeding birds. It took until 4:30PM, til the other birds
What a way to begin the winter feeder survey.
Goldfinches, chickadees, blue jays, Common grackles, juncos, Downy
woodpeckers, House finches, house sparrows, mourning doves, Cardinals, Red
bellied woodpecker, tufted titmice, white breasted nuthatches, 20 Wild
We lost power for 90 minutes but it came back on.
Hope everyone is safe & dry.
Bev Propen,Orange