[CT Birds] Old Saybrook Birds

John Ogren northernrail at comcast.net
Tue Oct 30 18:16:41 EDT 2012

Saybrook Point access is closed. The causeway over South Cove was closed as of 2PM today. The best access to ocean is down Main Street and take a right onto Maple, at the end you can go left and go along the seawall at Knollwood, go straight and make your way to Cornfield Point, take a right and tide permitting hit the town beaches. Everywhere I looked today I could always find Northern Gannets. This morning at Cornfield I had an Alcid-probable Razorbill along with 3 White Winged Scoters. I also had a couple of terns that I could not identify, but were not Common's.
There are still many trees/lines down everywhere some are not marked very well so proceed with caution.
John Ogren