[CT Birds] late report - Eastern LI Sound Tuesday

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 11:51:21 EDT 2012

After getting relatively skunked yesterday, I dodged trees and power lines to get to Enders Island on Tuesday at dawn.  The causeway out is buckled, broken, and had several very large boulders on it.  Passable only on foot.  Part of the seawall was destroyed as well.
Not much of note - ~25 Northern Gannnets, all three scoters, lots of loons, etc heading east out of the Sound.   Apparently all the great birds seen yesterday went out between Long Island and Fisher's Island.  Anyone else looking east of the Connecticut River?  After hearing what Andy, Nick, Frank, and Jake were getting in Old Saybrook, I was going to head over but too many things to take care of at home.
Glenn Williams