[CT Birds] Ah ha Night flight of Evening Grosbeak + one at Bent

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Nov 2 11:16:37 EDT 2012

According to the Birds of North America for EvGr: "Diurnal migrant, sometimes in flocks too high above the ground to be seen with naked eye. May also migrate at night"

 Well last night, one of them at least was.  Now I'd like to find out what the chances of having one of the less burry sounding  western populations ever come east.   Although, it could have been an artifact of it being a single bird and sounding less harsh than a boisterous flock.

Also, Ken Elkins, our illustrious president, had a single bird fly over at the Bent of the River this morning.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488

Phone: (203)264-5098 x308 (note, I currently do not have a phone at my desk, but will check messages, email is a quicker way to reach me right now)
Fax: (203)264-6332

pcomins at audubon.org