[CT Birds] yard birds

Carol Ansel carolansel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 11:34:30 EDT 2012

My usual cast of characters here in Mystic - though the siskins seem to have cleared out and the goldfinches are once again ruling supreme over the niger. Was very happy to spot my friend "Zippy" (red-breasted nuthatch) this morning for the first time this season. White-throats and juncos have been here for over a week or two, though not in great numbers. Yesterday's only oddball was a male red-winged blackbird who stopped at the feeder briefly. And I'm about 90% sure I saw a bald eagle this morning way, way up in the sky - does that make it a "yard bird"?  (Who has to be in the yard to qualify, the birdwatcher or the bird? ;-)

Carol Ansel