[CT Birds] birds 11/3/12

Mark Barriger whitewash88 at live.com
Sat Nov 3 17:36:43 EDT 2012

Started out the day by birding the half of Hammonasset that's actually open. Plenty of Gannets out over the water and a Red-headed Woodpecker out on Willard's Island. Next we hit up East Shore Park where we had a Clay-colored Sparrow along with Pine, Palm, and Yellow-rumps, and Pine Siskins. After that we stopped at Fort Nathan Hale down the street where we had a White-winged Crossbill and finished out the day by picking up two Cave Swallows at Lighthouse Point. All in all a great birding day!

Mark Barriger & Family
Wallingford, CT