[CT Birds] Nelson's Sparrow Long Beach, Stratford 11/1/2012

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sat Nov 3 19:36:27 EDT 2012

Sorry this is a late posting. Nelson's sparrow at Long Beach noon time Friday.  Didn't get confirmation until late last night (thanks Patrick!).  He was in the tree next to where the planks go into the marshes before you hit the main parking lot.

Today at the Greenway in Stratford sitting on the mud flats were two immature Skimmers.  They were at the Boat Ramp on Friday afternoon I was told.

Photo of Nelsons:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151235796357439&set=a.10151235792802439.483079.726347438&type=3&theater  (you don't need to be a member of facebook).

I'm not getting posts from the list still so if there is anything exciting in Stratford, feel free to text me or call 203-895-7669!  Roy is working on the problem.  Not sure this will go through either so I've copied Roy on it.

Thank you!

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT