[CT Birds] Storm impacts to Coastal Waterbird Sites

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Nov 5 16:03:15 EST 2012

Reports are coming in about the condition of sites that are important to beach nesting birds and other coastal waterbirds.  We have started an album to post "after" photos of coastal locations, which can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.276526055784039.42751.168520783251234&type=1&l=aca9c4681a

There are also links to "before" photos on the page, link to which can be found below.  If you have any photos to share that you wouldn't mind us using on our Facebook page, with photo credit, please send them to me off-line.

The changes to Long Beach and Long Beach West are dramatic.  It's a good thing that those cottages were removed in 2011, as nearly everything that was left standing after Irene would have been washed away by Sandy, lead and PCB paint, mercury switches and asbestos and all would be scattered across the Great Meadows Marsh.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488

Phone: (203)264-5098 x308 (note, I currently do not have a phone at my desk, but will check messages, email is a quicker way to reach me right now)
Fax: (203)264-6332