[CT Birds] Quaker - WW Crossbill, Pipits etc

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Tue Nov 6 09:35:41 EST 2012

Hi All,

A nice start to the morning back in Connecticut after a weekend away in western NY. 1 lonely White-winged Crossbill and 15 Pipits over early also one pretty albino Red-tailed Hawk.

Up along Lake Ontario I got to see multiple Evening Grosbeaks, Red & White-winged Crossbills and Northern Shrikes. There were also reports of Pine Grosbeaks as well which are both early and not that common along the lake shore. There are also reports already from northern New York as well so as predicted it looks like we might have quite the 'winter finch' year.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich